Re: Prototype of PaintBrush extension framework.

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 17:45 +0900, Souichi TAKASHIGE wrote:

> To implement the brush modifier framework, I want to allow some
> "privileged" modules to
> access internals of Gimp core objects (those are passed as the
> arguments of the callback
> functions.)

Sorry, but that is not going to happen. We are not going to expose the
interal API to modules or plug-ins as that would make it very hard to do
the large changes to the core that are planned for the next development
cycles.

If you absolutely insist on the idea of having a public module API for
your framework, then we will have to introduce proxy objects. These
proxies can then be exposed to modules and they will interface with the
actual core objects. This extra abstraction level should be kept as
small as possible and it should not have a noticeable impact on
performance.

Sven