Re: Rotation for brushes

Bill Skaggs wrote:

> David G. <allenskd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  Add a option to rotate brushes to compliment the scaling.
>>  I don't know if this has been requested but it would be very
>> helpful than creating a layer + using the rotation tool.
>>

> Wouldn't be all that hard to do.  How often do you think this
> would be used?  What kind of brushes would you want to
> use it for?
>
>   -- Bill

Alright, I'll try to be brief as possible. I proposed this because it will
actually boost the simplicity of managing brushes to adapt in effects and
splashes, instead of doing the layer and rotation "technique". There are so
many floral/grunge/splatter brushes that have been added in the GIMP. (ex
http://gimp-tutorials.net/vinal-gimp-brushes )

How often will it be used? Well that's hard to calculate, globally speaking.
An artist/amateur/customizer will probably use this, I dare to say they
would use the rotation a lot.

Maybe in the eyes of a developer this might be considered 'bloat'.