Re: Rotation for brushes

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Bill Skaggs <weskaggs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David G. <allenskd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Add a option to rotate brushes to compliment the scaling.
>  >  I don't know if this has been requested but it would be very
>  > helpful than creating a layer + using the rotation tool.
>  >

>  Wouldn't be all that hard to do.  How often do you think this
>  would be used?  What kind of brushes would you want to
>  use it for?
Myself, I would use it for nearly every non-symmetrical brush (and
wish for the ability to v- or h-flip it, too), particularly when I'd
just copied something and was using the clipboard brush. Every brush
that is remotely 'directional' needs this
(or, possibly the option to rotate the brush to match the movement
direction -- that would work fairly well much of the time.)

Making aspect ratio controls independent of brush type also makes
sense to me.  "hardness' also makes sense independent of brush type
(hardness specifying the middle point of a curve, 0 would be a linear
curve, .5 would be a gamma-ish curve where  a majority of midpoint
values become much more opaque, -.5 would be a gamma-ish curve where a
majority os midpoint values become  much less opaque.

I may be getting a little OT, I believe that those controls do not
belong in the VBR brush editor.