Re: Adding SpaceNavigator support

On 3/2/08 8:46 AM, "Sven Neumann" <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 19:16 -0800, Ettore Pasquini wrote:
>
>> It turned out to be a couple wrong assumptions on my side.  First the linux
>> device file /dev/input/eventN was for some reason not readable by anyone but
>> root.
>
> I usually fix this by adding a udev rule that changes the device
> permissions for all usb input devices to allow the group "plugdev" to
> access the device.

Yep, that's pretty much what I did.  I added a post to our forum:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917

> Does moving the device hard or soft make a difference in terms of what
> input events the Linux kernel delivers?

I do receive different values, however this doesn't make any visible
difference on the screen: the view is translated always with a constant
speed.  It basically behaves like a switch, "move or not".

Ettore

--
http://www.3dconnexion.com/