Re: $HOME

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 17:25 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> I see no point how to make it more simple. 3 lines vs. one line is not
> that more complexity.

It is three times as complex. And we will most likely want to make it
even more complex and add a check that the directory pointed to by the
HOME environment variable does actually exist.

> > It would be better to define gimp_get_home_dir() in
> > libgimpbase/gimpenv.c und use that all over the place.
>
> Sure, can be done. And might be more abstract. But in that case please
> define the stuff inline else the overhead for the function call would be
> to high.

It is absolutely pointless to worry about function call overhead here.
This is not something that is being called from inner loops. Whatever we
do here, even if we would make the function run a hundred times slower,
it would not have any noticeable impact.

Sven