Re: request for discussion: removing button relief

On Feb 10, 2008 1:18 PM, peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are some deeper problems with those buttons (why are they there,
> allt the time, so prominently?), the ones in the layer dialog excepted.

I agree with this.  I too think it would be best to have buttons only
for the layers/channels/paths dialogs, since the others are not used as
much and their functions can be accessed by the right-click menu.  (Not
for the Tool Options right now, but that could easily be done.)

> I would love to get this un-relief'ed look for most controls that are
> displayed permanently, would be a relief (no pun...) for everyone.
>
> Mitch and I tried to find a way last year. Alas, no cigar...

I would be interested to know more about why it could not
be done.  In my view, every unnecessary edge we can get
rid of is a gain.

  -- Bill