Re: Size entry widgets could use some simple math (from Bug: 76616)

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 16:50 +0000, William Skaggs wrote:

> I don't have anything to say about how this should work, but
> I'd like to make some suggestions about the approach to
> development.  Mostly it should be possible to do this in a
> modular way -- evaluating expressions doesn't really have
> anything to do with the details of size entries.  So I suggest
> your effort should go into writing a function that looks like
>
> gchar *gimp_math_expr_parse (info, expression)

But Frederick did exactly that already. The code he attached to the bug
report does this.

What needs to be done now is to get straight what exactly we expect from
the parser/evaluator and to adapt that code to the GIMP coding
conventions and GIMP unit system.

Sven