Re: Adding SpaceNavigator support

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 01:16 -0800, Ettore Pasquini wrote:

> That's ok.  I was thinking to actually move the image around, not the
> pointer.  Our aim is to ease navigation not access to features.  So
> basically we want to avoid (e.g.) the time you spend by moving the mouse
> over to the scroll bars, dragging them, and re-center the image where you
> want it to be.  We are thinking that with our device, you don't need to move
> the mouse away from what you were doing, you can easily pan the image with a
> nudge on the SpaceNavigator and just keep working.

You should be able to do that using the existing Linux Input module.
It's just a matter of configuring it. On Windows there's a module for
DirectX events as well. So you should be able to achieve this without
any code changes. But of course lots of improvements to the input
controller architecture are possible and we are looking forward to your
patches.

Sven