Re: proposal for managing resources such as brushes , gradients, etc

    I'm sorry to jump in on this so late.  I was working on a new GIMP
Plug-In Registry.  It had been put on pause by me because of certain
life-altering events.

    At one point I had put forward the idea of a backend XML-RPC or SOAP
connectivity service that would allow GIMP to access the repository data
sources and use it for direct installation of the resources within the
Plug-In Registry.  I envisioned something like a Plug-In Explorer
interface in GIMP that would facilitate search and automated installation.

    If this is still a viable idea, let me know.  I would love to jump
back in and finish a new GIMP Plug-In Registry and also do this.  I
think this would give GIMP a very powerful leg up in adoption by the masses.

Best Regards,

Devin Watson