Re: proposal for managing resources such as brushes, gradients, etc

> At the level of programming, the only relatively difficult thing is to
> create the GimpDataChooser widget.  Even this is simple in principle,
> although complicated in practice because it involves a lot of rather
> complex Gimp code.  I have been experimenting with writing a Chooser,
> and I believe I have gotten through the hardest part, although there
> is quite a bit of refinement needed.

Why bind it into gimp? This tool could be totally independent of GIMP runtime
wise. All that would be need on gimp side is support for using gimp-remote to
trigger reloading of resources. All other management could happen outside
GIMP. Functions needed to read and write gimp conf should be easily portable
from gimp code.

--Alexia