MIDI input controllers on Windows.

I'm new to the list, so hello !

I've used Gimp for many years. Previous experience: I'm currently doing some development on NASA world Wind ( http://djbarney.silentflame.com/moc2ww/ ).

So, according to schumaml on Gimp IRC, I'm the only one on Windows who has expressed any interest in controlling Gimp via a Midi controller (in this case my M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard that has various configurable slider/knobs/buttons http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen49-main.html ).

Don't know how true that is. Can I be alone in this ? As far as I see it, using a Midi controller is no different from using a pressure pad / pen .... tactile control. I don't know if this area warrants lots of development, or even if it will catch on, but Apple for example has some software that supports Midi .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Motion

I managed to get the Direct X input controller working with my Joystick. The buttons trigger various things OK, but I can't get the Z Axis to control sliders (the paint brush radius for example). Might be something I've misunderstood about the setup though.

Does MS Direct X input include Midi device support ? My USB Midi device and normal Midi did not show up in the list ... but maybe they can be supported through Direct X ?

So, any suggestions appreciated. I'm new to Gimp development. Who is working on the input module ?

Barney ( http://djbarney.org )

MyMusic, MyBlog, Watch out for the Flim Flam.

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.