Re: improving QMask mode

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 22:45 +1030, David Gowers wrote:
> I believe that QMask mode could be made quicker to use, by providing
> an option to:
> a) Reset the FG/BG colors to black and white upon entering qmask mode
> and
> b) Push the context before entering qmask mode, and pop it when
> exiting qmask mode.

Interesting idea.  I admit I hardly ever use quickmask because most
of the images I work with are grayscale, and if you paint with a soft
brush in the gray quickmask you can't tell where you selection starts.
So I have to switch to RGB mode first right now.

This makes me wonder if there should be separate sets of colours
stored for different painting modes, rather than a push/pop model.

If I change the colour in quickmask mode, e.g. to 50% gray, next time
I use quickmask it could go back to that.

Liam

--
Liam Quin - http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/
XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/