Re: 2.6 roadmap: my summary.

You and Sven make some very goods points, however dismissing the suggestions of professional users out of hand is a fairly bad idea, imho.  Saying "we cannot accept any new ideas until the existing ones are done" is ok, but just dismissing them out of hand might deny you future access to their expertise (which can be fairly valuable).

Raphaël Quinet wrote:> <snip>>> - We have far more ideas than developers.  We even have far more *good*>   ideas than developers.>   One way to reduce idea overload is to have some professional artists who really know how things work and can give really good feedback.  This way you're not having a flood from all users.  Though in gimp's place it sounds like such people would be more useful for evaluating planned features/improvements then actually coming up with new ones.