Re: Requests for curves for photo retouching

Hi,
On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:02 +0100, Andrea Olivotto wrote:
> - Please, a more dense curve. Better if user can select 4 or 8 lines.
It would be nice if you could explain why the current grid isn't denseenough and how exactly a more dense grid would be useful.
> - Please, draw in the background the baseline (45°). It's a very> useful reference, more visible than looking to the vertex of the grid.
In my opinion this would be very distracting. I can imagine that adenser grid would also make it easier to see the diagonal. So perhapsjust adding a few more grid lines would make this obsolete?
> - Like levels, when you pass the mouse over the current image, show the > luminosity position on the curve, something like a small circle running > thru the curve (like Photoshop). This is very very very useful, to see > where are some particulas ares of the image on the curve. Without the > feature, it's not so simple to design a correct curve.
GIMP already does this. Just click into the image with the Curves toolactive. Also try using the Shift and Ctrl modifier keys.

Sven