Re: 2.6 roadmap: metadata and jpeg plug-in enhancements

On Friday 09 November 2007, Raphaël Quinet wrote:> No, that's wrong.  And that's one of the reasons why I want to remove> this confusing question.  The EXIF standard defines precisely the list of> tags that must be updated and the list of tags that must be copied> unchanged.  Unfortunately, older GIMP versions were violating that> standard by copying the whole EXIF block unmodified and this caused many> problems, including images having the wrong orientation.If the current version behaves correctly in this regard (which I gather it is from your comments) then I am all in favour of dropping the dialog and always rotate the image accordingly.> > > EXIF in an edited image has little resemblance with the original anyway, so I > > would suggest stripping that except for the IPTC tags. I would also be happy > > if the IPTC tags were settable in the GIMP, instead of having to resort to > > other programs.> > IPTC tags are not part of EXIF.  They are a different set of tags that> are stored in another JPEG APP marker.  The ability to edit and save them> may be included in GIMP 2.6.That would be very nice and is important for me and probably a whole host of people out there that rely on the IPTC tags.-- mfgKarl Günter_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer