Re: GIMP 2.6: user directory reorganization

On Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 19:45:16, Michael Grosberg wrote:

> Better yet, just put it in the program files folder. This is the Windows
> "norm" for such files.

No, it isn't. User's files belong to the user's profile directory -
not just that, but you can't write to Program Files as a normal user
at all (this is especially enforced in Vista, where even
Administrators are normally running with reduced privileges, unless
the program specifically requested to be elevated, and user clicked
away the UAC prompt).

> Jernej, it was suggested here that the Gimp for Windows page could be
> updated to use the new Gimp.org look. Can I be of help with that?

I won't mind - web design just isn't my forte :)

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.
       -- The Inapplicable Law