Re: 2.6 roadmap: metadata and jpeg plug-in enhancements

On Friday 02 November 2007, Raphaël Quinet wrote:> There are also some improvements for the JPEG plug-in.  As I mentioned> some time ago, I would like to hide the current "quality" slider among> the advanced options, and replace it by a smaller selection of> pre-defined quality levels.  Sorry to disagree, the precise selection of quality really is one of the many areas where I would not like any dumbing down of the interface. This would mean that each and every time I have to save an image as JPEG I would have to switch to the advanced options as every site I post my images to has stringent restrictions on file size - which are enforced by an automatic resampling (which is to be avoided at all cost due to a severe loss in quality) if I don't adhere to these limits! Having preset quality settings really is no option, it is a major annoyance in Photoshop new users I spoke to always are struggling with!regardsKarl Günter Wünsch_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer