Re: 2.6 roadmap

Micahel Grosberg wrote:
> I believe Gimp's target audience should be the home user and amateur photographer, and future development in this direction should take precedence over features for the professional artist.

First of all, sorry by the "caveman's english".

I'm a professional artist and I change from Photoshop to Gimp just because it contains the best tool kit to make my work each time better and efficient, so in the "mission statement", i think it must include guys like me.

About the road map:

I've entered in the developers mailing list just about now and my intent is help like a "Beta tester" and help with videos and tutorials. I'm very interested in the Gimp Gap tools. Improve the Onionskin and the main interface of Gap (wich are the most important things to the traditional animator and they doesn't actually works).
Other thing, the "pop ups" in the transform tools some times are very annoying, i think must be another solution for them.

congratulations for this great software!
Daniel

2007/10/26, Alexander Rabtchevich <alexander.v.rabtchevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Micahel Grosberg wrote:
> I believe Gimp's target audience should be the home user and amateur photographer, and future development in this direction should take precedence over features for the professional artist.
Could I object? Currently GIMP is  one and the only potential free OS
tool for real graphic amateurs and professionals. As more and more
people buys DSLRs the amount of users who need  high quality tool for
photo retouching increases.  That can be added by the people who leaves
Windows for Linux.
And the others who can, but do not want to use this particular tool can
use _many_ other  simplier solutions. Dis I say Krita or F-Spot or..?

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich