Re: screenshot with mousepointer

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:15:38 +0200
Sven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 18:06 +0200, The Peach wrote:
>
> > anyway what I was saying is that as long as I've looked, the only way
> > IMHO is to grab the cursor pixmap with gdk_cursor_get_image, get the
> > cursor's coordinates (don't know how to do that) and then
> > "paste" (neither don't know what will be more handy) onto the desktop
> > grabbed at the right coordinates.
> > is there a bettere way? Did I say something wrong?
>
> You can only access your own cursor that way (that of the screenshot
> plug-in). The point of a screenshot application is though to grab
> screenshots of other applications. gdk_cursor_get_image() won't work for
> that.

so the only way I can get the right cursor image is using the screenshot for the whole desktop, where the GIMP mouse cursor will not be overridden by the screenshot selector cursor. isn't it?
this maybe can be avoided if there's a way to wait _after_ having selected the region/window to grab
in this case you can return the GIMP cursor. More than that this can help someone to grab desktop sections/windows while using them.

> Can we please have such discussions on the list. That's what a developer
> mailing-list is for.

sorry for such a mess, that's my fault: I started replying to you instead to the ml.

--
Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin

Jabber ID = smartart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site = http://www.smartart.it