Re: Is default "replace" mode in blend dialog of RC3 replaced with normal in SVN?

Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 12:46 +0300, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
>
>> I use fading mostly after sharpening with refocus plug-in.  And when the
>> dialog initializes it has Replace mode set. But using fade operation
>> with replace mode has no effect! This has been confirmed by Guillermo
>> Espertino. So in order to obtain fading I have to change the mode to
>> Normal each time.
>>
>> I guess it doesn't matter what mode has been used by the plug-in before.
>> It does matter what for the dialog was designed - it was designed for
>> fading. And in the current state it does not work for me.
>>

> When a plug-in effect is applied to the image, this is done in "Replace"
> mode. In contrast to "Normal mode" where pixels with an alpha value !=
> 255 are composited, "Replace" mode allows plug-ins to modifiy the alpha
> channel directly.
>
> It does matter a lot what mode has been used by the operation you are
> fading. For the way the Fade operation is implemented, it is absolutely
> necessary that the dialog is instantiated with the correct mode and the
> opacity set to 100%. We can't change how the dialog works, at least not
> without major changes.
OK, I understand, its the way it is implemented. Is it possible at least
to remember and recall the last  mode the dialog was used within the
session if it cannot decide itself which mode is correct after the last
operation?  It could help if fading is used mostly after some frequent
operation.

> If you are unhappy with the Fade operation, feel
> free to ignore it.
>

> Sven

Sorry, Sven, but these is not polite from you. My intention was to help
improving the program and I had no claims.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich