Re: New Splash for 2.4

Thanks for the feedback! :)

2007/9/28, Aurimas Juška <aurimas.juska@xxxxxxxxx>:
Interestingly enough, I could never think of a splash screen that
would be made for one version (2.4) and imposible to rework for other
(2.6). You proved it's possible :) Nonetheless, The Gimp allows
everyone to change default splash screen, so you can still make it
available to the others.

LoL. I find that I would be funny to open the GIMP and to see a hand making the version number :P
Probably I will like the official splash, but since I released the splash as creative commons no problems if that, everyone can use it :) . Just to let everyone know that I put the XCF file with all the layers in the Download Button (on the same link), you can even change the thing if you like! > http://filsd.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-2-4-Splash-65909210

What concerns brushes, I think it would be nice to have links to all
known brush, pattern, etc. pages in one central page (or even have
resource database).

I think thats a great Idea. Especially in the official site of GIMP. It could be like that: If the Pack of Brushes are Free (like Creative Commons or other license) they can be put in the Official site of GIMP (not just put the mirror, since the site can go down). If the pack is not free, put just a link in the site. Of course not all the Brushes can be put, since some brushes can be identical to others...

thanks again!

--
Filipe Soares Dilly
dilly.carbonmade.com/