Re: add a polygonal selection tool

--- Begin Message ---
Sven Neumann schrieb:
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 13:05 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:

It's not entirely true to say you had to have used paths from the start,
since you can save the first selection to a channel, make the new one
with paths, including an approximate, much larger outer rectangle,
and then convert to selection and intersect with the saved selection.

You don't need to save the selection to a channel. You can intersect the
selection with the path. Watch the tooltip on the "Create Selection"
button in the Path tool options.

Sven

When I try to do this, the original selection vanishes. Does it only work in 2.4? However, thanks for the tipp!

Nevertheless : Okay, so there are workarounds, but I think they are well hidden from the user. I mean, a first time user might not necessarily see a connection between paths and selections and he might also not recognize, that a path would intersect an existing selection, when you push the "Create Selection" button. Besides, can I do paths with fixed
angles like when drawing lines?

- Christian

--- End Message ---