Re: Extending GIMP Plugins

Amit Kumar Saha wrote:
> Is there any way to make GIMP plugins themselves extensible.
[snip]
> I would appreciate even the slightest of insights.

As Michael mentioned, using a scripting language such as Perl, Python, or Ruby
would be to do most things you might want to do. If you want to extend a
compiled plug-in that is also possible.

Take a look at TinyScheme (used in the Script-Fu plug-in of the SVN version of
GIMP). It has the ability to use run-time loadable pre-compiled extensions.
The URL for TinyScheme is http://tinyscheme.sourceforge.net/.

The other scripting language plug-ins for GIMP also have ways to extend the
base language. The hooks used to allow scripts to tie in to GIMP use them.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.