Re: Hue-Saturation tool with gradients

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 16:43 +0930, David Gowers wrote:
> On 8/18/07, Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > My own feeling is that it would be better to wait until there is
> > some experience with the post-2.4 GIMP and higher definition
> > colour models before changing any of the colour tools.

> * Different Color models are fairly irrelevant to Hue-Saturation
> adjustment, because HSV is a simple transform of the RGB colorspace --
> it's either going to expect RGB or (the currently not-implemented, and
> of dubious use) HSV color format.

If you're working with CMYK (say) you may want the saturation tool
to tell you if you have over-inked, as PhotoShop can.  Or to
preview with or without undercolour removal.  Or to select which
channels are shown.  I'd say that the implication of adding
support for more colour models is that people will want to do
more, and that the UI will need to enable that (or the programmers
will need to decide not to let people do those things, of course :-) )

> * I think what Guillermo, Danko, and Marius are doing is both good and
> timely. ('now' is always a good time to work on enhancing such
> technically simple tools.)
It turns out that post-2.4 GIMP is closer than I'd feared, and I am
sorry if I sounded negative, I didn't mean to.

Liam