Re: GAP

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 01:58 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
>
>> I am getting an error linking gimp-gap svn in a 64bit enviromment, in
>> both trunk and gap-2-2 branch:
>
> That's a problem with the copy of libavcodec that is included with GAP.
> You better disable support for libavcodec when configuring gap. For GAP
> 2.4 we should include a recent version of libavcodec.
>
> Sven

To expand on Sven's answer a little, the FFMPEG project does not provide a
stable API; therefore the GAP includes the source for a specific snapshot
of the code and staticly links to it. The snapshot in the GAP's tree is
from 2005 ; it needs to be updated and the GAP code modified to employ the
new FFMPEG API (also for 64-bit support and GCC4 compatibility as well).

Wolgang Hofer, the main developer of the GAP, is working on that update
but he does not have direct access to the Internet right now. It may be a
few months before updated FFMPEG support is available but it is being
worked on. In the interim, I would suggest disabling libavcodec support
and using an external utility to convert your frames to video.