Re: completely new layout of gimp site

2007/8/2, damianzalewski <damianzalewski@xxxxx>:
Hi

I want you to show completely new layout of gimp.org instead of this
one at next.gimp.org

This is just a prototape.

Here's a link
http://ps6.webd.pl/gimpweb/gimp_org.png

It is over 600kb png file so be patient

I like it, it's better than the current one. But I suggest some changes:
1) there's too much wasted space on the top. this is the place that users see first, and currently it's a green bg. The dark menu should be on top.
2) the text should be text, not images. This font looks nice, but it seems not common. I haven't read the html, but it shouldn't be implemented as images just to use that font. This allows for users to change size and even the font (from useit).
3) there's 2 menus that look similar. it's better to have just one or make two menus with clearly different purposes.
4) -minor- there's 3 green bgs. Why not use an image bg and a solid color bg?
5) -minor- the dark menu could be horizontal (placed on top of the website). also there's no need to label it "menu". the blueish color may be used as a hover effect.
6) there's no graphics, at minimum place a logo that links to the /index.html (from useit, in /index.html it shouldn't be a link) and -optional- some screenshots.