Re: plug_in_flush mysterious warning

On 7/16/07, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 14:50 +0300, Aurimas Juška wrote:
> > While testing my plug-in I noticed, that after quiting the plug-in The
> > Gimp *usually* (but sometimes not, not depending on what you do)
> > prints something like that: plug_in_flush(): broken pipe. It seems The
> > Gimp wants to communicate with the plug-in after it's process has
> > terminated. I added g_usleep () right before quiting in order to give
> > The Gimp some time to finish some work. The warning doesn't appear any
> > more.
> >
> > Is it a bug or something?
>
> Do other plug-ins show the same behavior for you? This sounds like a bug
> in your plug-in. Is there perhaps an idle handler or a timeout still
> running?

Yes, it's proly a bug in my plug-in, but not an easy to find, though.
Timeout handler was running, but it shouldn't be calling anything
gimp_*. I made it to quit after processing, but nothing has changed.
Debugging has showed, that The Gimp receives G_IO_HUP (broken pipe).
After that wants to kill plug-in, on the way sending it a quit message
through the same broken pipe (that's where the warning comes from).
What could cause a pipe to broken if plug-in doesn't crash?

> > Test case can be http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=8799 .
>
> That's quite a lot of code for a test case which makes it hard to say
> whether it's a problem in libgimp or in your code.

It's hard to expect that someone could find time for that. But if
someone decides to check, this would envolve commenting g_usleep() in
src/webx_main.c to reproduce.