Re: about carol

On 6/19/07, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know if everyone of the GIMP development team is as annoyed of
> Carol as I am, but I know that there are quite a few people who are.

[...]
> We will have to do something about this situation. Or even more
> developers, including myself, will leave the project. As a start, I ask
> everyone who feels harrassed by Carol to tell her that she is not
> welcome and to ask her to leave. Perhaps then she realizes that this is
> not just a personal threat from me.

She has caused a lot of noise in the GIMP project. People have left the project
and potential new contributors navigated away upon encountering her. A lot of
the cognitive load of monitoring the #gimp IRC channel is spent dechipering her
hidden meanings and presumed contexts. Spending the time of contributors and
potential contributors in non-constructive ways makes enjoying the enhancement
of GIMP harder than it should need to be. For some time the suggested work
around for the issue has been to put carol on /ignore. This temporary work
around might work for individual developers, but it has just been a
postponement
of a broader issue. This issue is in my opinion best fixed for GIMP by
carol ceasing to interfere and socialize with the project.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/