Re: bash command inside script

Sorry for the empty email I've just sent. My mistake.
Now, about my question:

> >     Is there a way to read the output of a bash command inside
> > a script-fu? I want to make a script-fu that uses the ExifTool
> > program output.

This is to answer Kevin:

> Save the output from the ExifTool to a file and have the
> Script-Fu script read the file with the saved output.

I think this is not practical for what I need (that of course you
didn't need to know).
My script has a field in the GUI to enter the ExifTool data.
I think that copy-pasting the data to this field is easier
than running Exiftool, saving its output to a file for each image.

Now, the answer to Joao:

> two words:
> go python
>
> ---------
> Seriously. Script-fu has the advantage that it can have a small
> itnerpreter which can therefore live inside GIMP's source tree. And
> that is it. Of course, it fits whoever likes solving puzzles on how
> to perform simple tasks such as parsing a string letter by letter, or
> getting the output of a file.
>
> Python is a full featured language, which greatest advantage is to
> allow one to concentrate on his problem instead of the language.
>
> Just check some of the python-fu examples that come with GIMP itself.
>
> Use the "os"  module to be able to spawn sub-proccess and read the
> output, like in:]
> ...   print file.upper()
> ACINCLUDE.M4
>
> ACLOCAL.M4
>
> APP
>
> AUTHORS
> (in time: the >>> and ... are prompts put ther by the interactive
> interpreter, not part of the language itself)

I agree. In fact, I always found the script-fu language
(a variant of lisp, right?) simply horrible.
However, my script-fu is 100% functional, and I think that it doesn't
worth it the effort to translate the full script to python just because
of this. But I will take your advice for the next time, and my next
plugin will be in python from the beginning.

    Thank you both!!!

        L.