Re: Webdesign is wrong

Witam peter,
Saturday, May 26, 2007, 11:39:02 AM, napisałe/aś:

ps> Well, let's see:
ps> First we would have to support the task of figuring out the rightps> page structure and proportions by the designer. This would meanps> multicolumn layout, aligning sections vertically. This all ofps> course in modern fluid (resizing) web layouts. This is all vectorps> oriented work, because it is about structure.
ps> Next: although the structure of html text mark-up and the typographicalps> capabilities of css do not need to go 100% into the GIMP text system,ps> a complete _understanding_ of the structure of html text mark-up andps> the typographical capabilities of css does needs to go into GIMP.
Nothing more than WordPad RichEdit options is needed. These optionswould be also useful when designing leaflets or posters. On canvastext editing would also ease the work.
ps> Can those links highlight on mouse-over? yeah sure, we should include  ps> that.
ps> Can we then click those links to go in the mock-up from page to page?ps> yeah sure, we should include that.
ps> When that all works, can GIMP export a click-dummy in html, css andps> images? yeah sure, we should include that.
Yes, and maybe even Ajax and Javascript.
There is no need to integrate HTML, CSS editor and graphical programlike Gimp. When someone is not aware of Html and Css limitationsmaking a code is just undoable (maybe only using zillions of divs).

ps> And I am sure there is more...
ps> That is serious work to implement. And all the interaction eleganceps> of sewing a third leg on the GIMP.

ps> Designing the structure of web pages and building mock-ups is the workps> for an interaction designer, and there are other apps to do that in.
Maybe I missunderstood you. I mean that Gimp should allow user to do alayout (designing all the graphic, exemplary lorem ipsum like text andslicing plus saving for web) but not act like html editor.

-- Pozdrawiam, damianzalewski                            Mój mail:damianzalewski@xxxxx