Re: Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16

>> reference to gimp_display_shell_get_type). Our interaction logging code
>> is linked in with app/core; where does this missing function reside so
>> that we can use GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL?
>
> This is in app/display/gimpdisplayshell.h.

Simon -

Thanks for the quick response! The specific issue I'm encountering is
that our code compiles just fine (we include
app/display/gimpdisplayshell.h), but linking fails because it cannot
find the gimp_display_shell_get_type function. I think the issue is that
in app/display, this function exists *somewhere*, but when we link our
logging code, the function cannot be found.

I'm probably missing something really simple here, but I know that in
the 2.2.x branch, gimp_display_shell_get_type is explicitly defined in
app/display/gimpdisplayshell.c. However, in 2.3.x, it is not explicitly
defined in source code as far as I can tell. But it appears to exist
somewhere because it can be found in the object files in the app/display
directory. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michael