Re: [Gimp-Developer] One-click binary downloads via the gimp website

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:29:26 +0100, David Marrs <David.Marrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It was suggested on the gimp-web mailing list that we could provide direct links
> to binary packages for popular platforms such as Windows or Mac, based on user
> agent detection. The link would be provide from the home page - see
> http://next.gimp.org/ for a taster. I liked the proposal (presuming reliable
> packages for 2.4 are made available) and can provide the necessary code.

Sigh!  That reference to next.gimp.org should not have been mentioned
outside the gimp-web mailing list.  It's not a secret (anyone is free
to join the gimp-web list or the discussions on IRC) but we should
make sure that the new design is not discussed too early on various
blogs or web sites, otherwise this would ruin the effect for the 2.4
release.  So if you have visited that site and you want to comment on
it, please limit your discussion to the gimp mailing lists or IRC
channels, but do not spread this URL before 2.4 is released.  Thanks!

-Raphaël