Gimp natively on mac OS X

Hi everyone,

i just thought i would report my sucess of building Gimp on mac OS X with
native GTK+ port by Imendio
(http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx).

Screenshot: http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gimpxct0.jpg

Right now things are working rather well. There a few visual glitches and
menus and spinners sometimes don't work - but overall it is usable. Not
ready to be used by users, however. and almost impossible to package and
distribute until the gtk mac team work on distribution.

Overall the process was not too hard, i however had to change a makefile at
one point. The one located in /app/Makefile contains a line 'munix =
-Wl,-rpath '-Wl,$$ORIGIN/../lib'' - this line is incompatible with mac OS X
because it uses Apple's ld, not GNU's. I just made munix empty and
everything built fine. Do you think makefiles can be adapted to be
cross-platform or do you support only linux?

Finally, i thought it might be a good idea to set up a wiki page where i'd
write the build steps i followed so that other people don't have to do as
much research and trial-and-error.

Thanks!

PS: I might be interested about doing some code development on linux as well
possibly - maybe after i've spent a few months studying the code ;) I'm not
very quick at getting into such big projects