Re: gimp_pixel_rgns_register

From: "Luis A. Florit" <gimpdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> [ . . . ]
>    My questions: When to use one and when two iterators? Which one
>should I use for a procedure like the one described in my plugin?
>Is this indeed faster than the method I implemented based in myblur5.c?

You probably shouldn't do this at all.  The gimp_pixel_rgns_process
method handles the data tile by tile, which means that it is impossible,
or at least quite difficult, to handle interactions that extend across
multiple tiles.  It is mainly useful -- and very efficient -- for
plugins that act on individual pixels.  Your plugin, because it needs
to look at neighborhoods, does not fall into that category.

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu