Re: Tools

Federico Alcantara writes:
 > I am interested in knowning if Gimp is written in C/C++,

There is no programming language called C/C++.

GIMP is written in C. It can be scripted in Scheme (a dialect of
Lisp), and the usual suspects Perl and Python.

 > and which tools are needed to compile, debug, and test it?

A compiler, a debugger, and a human tester.

Which compiler and debugger depends on the platform. On Linux and most
other Unix systems, that would be the GNU ones, gcc and
gdb. Proprietary compilers like Sun's compiler on Solaris can be used,
too. On Windows either gcc or Microsoft's compiler can be used.

--tml