Summer of Code - Organization Application submitted

Hi everyone,

I've just submitted our organization application for Google Summer of
Code 2007. Within the next few days, Google will request confirmation
from backup admin and registered mentors, be sure to check your Google
account mail regularly.

On May 14, the list of accepted organizations will be published.
If we get in, students will then start to appear in gimp-developer and
on IRC. Please try to *not* scare them away :)

Our own SoC overview - including the project ideas - is available at
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/SummerOfCode

The project ideas are discussed in
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-developer/2007-March/thread.html#17379,

we should try to refine them a bit more in the next few weeks.

Next SoC dates:

- March 24: student application deadline

Interim: Mentors evaluate submitted applications

- April 9: list of accepted students is published

HTH,
Michael

--
    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp