Re: "Error: unmatched parentheses: 1" in a Scheme Script that looks fine

Quoting Shlomi Fish <shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to load the following script using gimp-2.3.14-2mdv2007.1:
>
> http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/code/gimp/fierysteel.scm
>
> ...snipped...
>
> 1. Tell me what's wrong with the script.
>
> 2. Fix script-fu or tiny-fu so it will give a more descriptive error in that
> case.

1. That error would seem to be caused by the character encoding of the
word, "ÄKSÖN". Particularly, the "Ö". I would recommend removing the
word (as well as the word, "Äydx"; though that doesn't seem to cause
problems).

There would seem to be a few other updates needed to make the script
function. First, the following variables need to be reserved in the
initial 'let*' statement:

      (tmp-layer)
      (bump-layer)
      (fire-layer)
      (fire1-layer)
      (fire2-layer)
      (fire3-layer)
      (turbul-layer)
      (turbul2-layer)
      (sendtog)

The 'verbose' function call should be commented out. (Perhaps Kevin
Cozens should consider adding it to the list compatibility functions?
even as a 'no op')

Finally, the two 'plug-in-displace' function calls need to have their
last argument ("CARTESIAN") removed.

Even with the above changes, the script does not seem to produce the
intended result; but it will execute.