Re: Enhancement Proposal: Add a temporary magnifier

Steve Stavropoulos wrote:

>  I really _miss_ this feature! One of the things I do all the time, is
> selecting rectangular regions from an image, with pixel perfect
> precision and then copy + paste as new.

>  The important things in implementing something like this are:
> 1) You have to have an unobstructed view of the image (that's why I
> don't like peter sikking's proposal)

here is the workflow that I am seeing for you:

- set the course selection rectangle
- grab a side or corner handle, set it pretty damn close,
   press magnifier key, see magnified view out if the way of your
cursor,
   set corner/edge pixel perfect, release handle, release magnifier key
- repeat last step for the other 3 corners/sides

unobstructed and precise enough?

     --ps

         principal user interaction architect
         man + machine interface works