Re: Layer Groups

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 09:54, jEsuSdA wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm not a developer, but i suscribed to the devel list because i
> work everyday with gimp and i like to know how it grow day by day.
>
> First at all i would to congratulate us for you efforts.
> I love Gimp and i try to install it wherever i can (friends,
> family, office, ...) and i have made some conferences to stimulate
> gimp use.
>
> My question is why and when Gimp will include LAYER GROUPS or
> FOLDERS (more useful)?
>
> I think Layer Folders were a great utility, and when i work with
> lot of layers i need them. ;)

Hi Jesusda
(I should regard that my typing skills are bad enough already without
me trying to copy the casing in your nick)

As soona s gimp 2.4 is out, we will start working in merging teh Gimp
core with GEGL. GEGL provides teh equivaletn of layer folders out of
the box - so it is almost certain that teh gimpv ersion following the
next one, be it 2.6 or 3.0, will feature those.

However, we are at the moment with very little main force to propel
the GIMP forward - given the natrue of your work maybe you cuod
yurself, or incetivate some of your students, t join our efforts.

That said, I have made a hak soemwher that uses Python plug-ins and
parasites to be able to name certain layer groups and have some
minimal funcitonality with that. I can mail you those f you are
interested.

Regards,

	js
	-><-