Re: changes in script-fu in 2.3.14

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:26:30 +0100, Hal V. Engel <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 03:32, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
>>    Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:35:59 +0100
>>    From: gg@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
> snip
>
>> Well, the actual story is that Gutenprint 5.0 includes its own Print
>> plugin for the GIMP that replaces the one in GIMP 2.2.  The best thing
>> to do is to configure the GIMP with
>>
>> configure --disable-print (or --without-print, I don't remember which)
>>
>> and then to install Gutenprint on top of it.
>
> On gentoo this mean that you need set use="-print" for when you emerge
> gimp
> (IE. set this in /etc/portage/package.use) and then emerge gimp-print
> with
> the correct keywords set to get gutenprint 5.0 which is currently marked
> ~
> for all architectures.  I have been doing this for sometime now without
> any
> problems and if I remember correctly this is what the Gentoo devs
> recommended
> in a bug report about this.  Setting use="-print" is no longer needed for
> versions of gimp >=2.3.x but you do have to emerge gimp and gimp-print
> in the
> correct order to end up with the gutenprint 5 plugin in gimp.
>
> Hal

Many thanks,

just for the record, the Gentoo build option is USE=-gimpprint and is now
the default. I was stuck because of a work around I had to set up while
gentoo refused to resolve the matter and marked the bug resolved INVALID,
so no-one was notified when it got resolved really.

I was able to sort this out earlier thanks to help from Robert. But I
considered it was getting a bit OT for gimp-devel. so I did not post back
to list, so let's drop this side issue here.

thanks for your help all the same.