Re: New GIMP Registry Volunteer Effort

cedric GEMY wrote:
> I'm wondering if PHP is a good solution. Not because of the language but
> because iguess it would be nice (one day) to have an internal gimp
> Plug-in registry browser.

The coding behind the plug-in registry would have no bearing on any GIMP
plug-in or built-in feature that allowed a person to search the registry. Any
such feature in GIMP would only need to pass the query to the web site and
parse the HTML code it received and present the results to the user.

The web site could take an optional argument in the query to allow it to
present its output in a more easily parseable manner for use by a GIMP
plug-in/built-in but this should still no bearing on how the registry is created.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.