Re: Meaning of delay in screenshot plugin

Sven wrote:

> Would still be nice if someone could find a way to ask X for the
> application window that a popup window belongs to. I haven't found
> a way
> to do that and the longer I stare at the XLib manuals, the more I
> start
> to believe that there is no clean way to do that.

I got the feeeeling that ksnapshot manages to take a snapshot of
the window + menu. There is where I got the idea. But reading
the documentation again, they do not 100% promise this.

Can you recognise if a window is in fact a menu?

Can you keep track during the delay of every window
that gets clicked in?

Then you have a chance of remembering the 'last real window'
clicked in before the delay expired.

     --ps

         principal user interaction architect
         man + machine interface works