Re: replacing gimp-remote

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 08:48 -0800, William Skaggs wrote:

> >(3) Should gimp-remote still be built and installed even if the d-bus
> >functionality is built into the gimp exectuable? The patch currently
> >doesn't change this, it just removes the reference to gimp-remote from
> >the gimp.desktop file.
>
> My understanding is that d-bus doesn't work on MS Windows yet.

Sure, but how is that related? There are other platforms where it is
also likely not going to be available. My question was about what to do
when dbus-glib bindings are detected at configuration time. We could
decide not to install gimp-remote under these circumstances. We could
also argue that people have gotten used to gimp-remote. And that it
doesn't hurt to build and install it no matter if the gimp executable
has similar built-in functionality or not.

Sven