Re: default setup for 2.4 comments

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 11:00 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> The fg/bg color selector is different as the Colors tab is not a
> completely equivalent replacement. It lacks the color history.

We discussed this shortly on the gimp-user list and it seems that it
would be very much appreciated if we would turn the color history into a
color selector. It would live in it's own tab in the Colors tab like the
other color selectors (triangle, watercolor, palette, ...). That way the
Colors tab would become equivalent to the color selection dialog and we
could actually consider to ship without the FG/BG color indicator in the
toolbox.

Anyone interested in doing this change? For now it would probably be OK
if the color history color selector would live in the core (just like
the palette color selector). So all that would have to be done is to
move some code from app/widgets/gimpcolordialog.c to a new widget
derived from GimpColorSelector. The files
app/widgets/gimpcolorselectorpalette.[ch] can serve as example.

Sven