Re: 2.4 showstoppers

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 23:07 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> > That brings up another showstopper for 2.4 that is missing from the list
> > I posted earlier. We need to check if the new print plug-in is ready for
> > release. Since I don't use GTK+ 2.10 yet, I didn't get a chance to have
> > a look at it yet.
>
> What requirements should be met by this plug-in to consider it ready
> for release?

It should at least do the basic things right. In other words, print a
single image, allowing the user to specify the size and location on
paper. Should probably default to the original size (determined by the
image resolution) if that fits to the printable area. Otherwise it
should scale the image down while preserving the aspect ratio.

For this plug-in I think we should focus on keeping it simple. Enough to
fulfill basic printing needs but still usable without reading a manual.
People who need more control can always install the gutenprint plug-in.

Sven