Re: My wishlist

Hi,

i tested 2.3.12 on windows and now the management of ontop windows works!

Gimp is getting better and better and with the python support i will now write a cool gallery module based n XHTML and JavaScript like PS Flash Gallery (like this: http://www.webcuts.org/2006/sources/inhalt_bilder/berlin-bits/index.html)

I have just 4 wishes for GIMP 2.4:

- improved PSD support
- Layer folders like PS has
- better text editing function
	- on screen editing
	- multiple colors and fonts
	- styles
- smaller controlls, inputs, dropdowns

For compatibility issues a Gimp-file format plugin for PS would be great.

BTW: There are shortcuts problems in 2.3.12, some shortcuts work only at the image window, others work only at the toolbox :(.

Anyway thanks to the developers!

Kasper Hviid schrieb:
Here is what I would like to see in Gimp. I hope that some of it can be of use.
- Kasper

1) The ability to rotate the canvas freely is very important to
graphic artists. I don't know how cucumbersome/impossible it would be,
but if it's even close to possible, please look into it.

2) Some work on a big, nasty brush engine would be good. Or maybe just
the ability to change the brush size?

3) An automatic color history, where all the colors which has been
used in a document are stored. The list could be sorted by how often
the color has been used, last time it was usedb (default), or by color
values such as hue, saturation or brightness.

4) Smooth zooming, where you move the curser up to zoom in, and down
to zoom out.

5) It would be handy if I could change the Gimp's language after the
installation.

6) Let the user chose from a number of keyboard shortcut presets, Such
as a Photoshop preset, a Gimp standard preset and others.