Re: More interface rantings

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 02:29:31PM -0600, Scott wrote:

> I also completely fail to see
> any reason why areas outside the image should be selectable by a crop
> tool. If I lay a paper photograph on a table and take an xacto knife
> to it, do I reasonably expect to cut out part of the table along with
> what I cut out of the photograph? It is nonsensical.

You're quick with a word like 'nonsensical', when in fact you just
have a narrow view on this.

You could for example have a photo and now you want to add a border
around it. The canvas size dialog doesn't the same direct manipulation.

The GIMP is also a nice tool for drawing. Here it can always happen
that you want to change the composition. Perhaps the foreground asks
for more space on the left. Easy to do with the crop tool, especialy
now it has guides (center, golden cut ...).

--
Thorsten Wilms