Re: Re: Are @gimp.org aliases needed at all?

Von: gg@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I think it is useful to have project adresses like fred@xxxxxxxxxx or
> whatever to know you are dealing with core member of the project.

Do I really know this from the mail address? Especially for a large company like redhat, mail adresses like fred@xxxxxxxx don't really tell me much about Fred - and any assumption made might hurt the communication. A comprehensive (and short) signature will tell me much more.

IMO it's mainly the people who currently have and use an @gimp.org address who should decide about this - and if there is an agreement, please tell the others about it. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with an answer along "You must be crazy to bring this up at all!" as well.

HTH,
Michael