Re: Adobe Illustrator to GIMP palette converter

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 21:05 +1000, Paul L Daniels wrote:

> > GIMP already supports import of a variety of palette formats. The
> > code for this is in app/core/gimppalette-import.c. Perhaps you or
> > someone else would want to try to include your code here?
>
> 	Okay, I'll take a look at it.  Does this code convert existing palettes into /gimp/ palettes or does it persistently decode them each time?

The code imports the palette. This means it's loaded in GIMP then and
can be saved as a GIMP palette.

I am not sure why we are doing it this way at all. Gradients are
transparently loaded from two different formats (GIMP's native one and
SVG). We could do this for palettes as well and just load all supported
palette formats on startup. But this is not really relevant now. You can
add the code to load Illustrator palettes to the current framework now
and we can consider to change it later.

Sven