Re: easier way to convert image into selection

> From: Alexander Rabtchevich <alexander.v.rabtchevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> >Some plug-ins (edge detection for example) provide images as a result.
> >If their result is required as a selection, I new only one way to make
> >it: create layer mask, copy the image into the mask and convert the mask
> >into selection. Is there a shorter way to do it?

I wrote a Script-fu which performs something similar: it converts the
image contents of the current selection into the selection. The
selection created only includes the pre-existing selection, so perform a
"Select None" or "Select All" before executing the command if you wish
the entire layer to be converted into a selection. (Note: the command
also works with layermasks and channels.)

The function appears on the "Select" menu as "From Drawable".